New to the gym and don’t know how to behave yourself? Afraid of getting angry looks from other members?
If you’re planning to lose weight and lead a fitness lifestyle, odds are you’re going to be at the gym. A lot.
No need to make it uncomfortable for yourself or others.
Here are 12 easy behaviors that will help you avoid being chased out with burning torches by an angry mob of other gym members:
- Wipe Off Your Equipment: You’re not the only person in the gym using the machines. I do not enjoy cleaning up after you.
- Stay at Home if you’re Sick: If you’re wheezing and hacking everywhere—stay in bed. Far away from me. Let your body recharge and relax. Don’t get me sick too.
- Don’t Monopolize the Equipment: I know you like bench pressing. A lot. It’s all I see you do at the gym. Actually, yesterday, you were bench pressing for 2 hours straight. Some of us also need to use the bench, thank you.
- Keep Your Cell Phone Off: Just because we’re forced to be in the same place doesn’t mean I care about the bump you found on your left butt cheek last night or your girl friend’s affair.
- Keep the Unnecessary Socializing to a Minimum Like to socialize? Go to a club. Go to a coffee shop. Just don’t sit down and chat with your buddy on the machine I’ve been waiting to use for the past 40 minutes. The gym’s for working out, not picking up girls or socializing.
- Keep the Grunting to a Minimum: I understand if you’re working hard, odds are you’re going to grunt. No hate. I do it. It’s the POWER grunting that’s got to go. Come on; just breathe out through your mouth. No need to contract your vocal chords.
- Slamming Your Weights: You’re not a blacksmith. Act accordingly.
- Learn How to Use Your Equipment: You don’t need to stand in the power cage to do dumbbell presses w/ 5 lb dumbbells. You’re not cool.
- It’s a Gym—Work Out: OK. It’s rush hour and the gym is packed. You’re barely walking on that treadmill as your read off your magazine. Nuff said.
- Not Using Proper Exercise Form: Not only are you asking for an injury by doing this, it’s distracting and annoying to those of us who know what we’re doing. Hire a trainer if you’re totally new or read up on it before working out.
- Don’t Give Me Exercise Tips: If you don’t have “PT”, “CPT”, or “CSCS” behind your last name, I don’t want your advice. Actually, even if you do, unless I’ve requested it, I don’t want it either, especially if you just interrupted my workout.
- Don’t Give Me INCORRECT Exercise Tips: Just because you read it in a magazine, doesn’t make it right.
- Re-rack Your Weights: Come on. Not everyone uses 500lbs on each side of the leg press. We know you can. We’ve heard you grunting. We’ve the sweat off your machine several times. Just do us a favor and put your weights away.
- No ½ Nude Posing In Front of The Mirrors: You’re not Arnie. Actually, it wasn’t cool when he did it either.
- Wear Proper Clothing: I don’t want to see your buns of steel.
What are the most annoying behaviors you’ve ever seen at your gym?
—Feel Free to Leave a Comment Below—
You can have that trim and fit body you’ve always dreamed of. Others have done it. CLICK HERE and check out this FREE FAT LOSS VIDEO that will teach you how you can do so too. (The video is embedded on the site, so there’s no need to download anything. Just click on the link, follow the instructions and it will start on its own). What are you waiting for? CLICK HERE and find out.
© 2011, Sorge Menendez, All Rights Reserved